Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lady Lemonade


Lady Lemonade is the name I gave my drinks for the evening. I made pink lemonade with lemon and cranberry juice.
I think it all started with me finding these cute pink and purple straws while shopping a few weeks back which is what gave rise to this idea. For a week I was dreaming of glass bottles with custom made labels and purple-y straws.

Lady Lemonade it would be called for a girl-y lemonade :D

I bought bottles of sparkling juice, forced myself and my dad to drink some of the juice to empty them, removed the labels and pasted my new labels.


Lady Lemonade
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 cup cranberry juice, unsweetened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 cups water
In a small saucepan combine the sugar with half a cup of water to form a syrup. Remove from heat.
Stir together all the ingredients. Pour into bottles and refrigerate till required.

Initially I wanted to use sparkling water for the lemonade. I ended up using normal water because I was reusing the bottle caps and didn't have any thing to reseal the bottles with. I was afraid by the time everyone sat down, the lemonade would be flat. I think it would be possible to use sparkling water though. Give it a try and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment