Friday, April 27, 2012

Baked Banana French Bread


Breakfast to go. That was what I wanted to make. Not that I am always running out without breakfast during my extremely un-stressful stay at home but mostly because my brother has been complaining about how lousy his daily breakfasts are. Day after day he’d grumble about how there isn’t anything other than a bowl of cereal that he can quickly gulp down at 630am. Every time we eat a good breakfast, he’d go on about how he wished he could eat like that every morning.

Now I love to cook, but I’m not waking up at 6am to make breakfast. I know I could go in the direction of muffins but I wanted to do something…… nice… different. I found these cute little heatproof boxes at Lakeland and I envisioned mini loaves of bread.



When I got home however, I came across Bakerella’s blog post on baked French bread and quickly changed my mind. The boxes were perfect for mini French bread squares! French bread to go! 


You can check the recipe out at bakerella's website. Feel free to change up the fruit and use different kinds of bread. I used a normal white sandwich bread cut into quarters so that they fit the mini boxes but I think a wholemeal bread would be nicer. If you are using sandwich bread I'd advice you to cut the crusts off. I had a bit of a problem with both batches I made as they got slightly burnt. A fresher bread might not have the same problem.

I had bananas so it was a bit iffy for me to make. I made one without bananas for myself but I did have a bite of the others and it was wayyy too banana-y for me. Next time I'm probably going to try strawberries. Thing is these boxes are so cute I feel like i sort of wasted them on mere french bread. What should I bake in them next?


No comments:

Post a Comment