Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Black Forest Cake


I feel very dishearten when I plan to make something and am unable to find exactly what I want at the supermarket. Unfortunately it has been happening a lot more often lately. For this reason I've decided to buy things when I see them and just stock up the pantry :) Problem is that I sometimes buy things that I don't really use. Last week I bought a box of cherries and a packet of dried cherries. (I HAVE to buy berries and cherries when I see them. Its become a problem) I tried to find recipes that I could make to use them but I kept on ending up at black forest cake recipes.

I don’t suppose I have ever eaten a really good black forest cake. The ones I’ve eaten have always been almost ‘soaking wet’ with layers and layers of super sweet whipped cream. Overall it has given me a very bad impression of black forest cake. I don't know why I decided to do it maybe I was afraid of the cherries going bad but I ended up giving it a go.



I didn't use the alcohol, but I did make a soaking liquid out of cherry juice and sugar and probably didn't use as much of the whipped cream as the recipe called for. I really loved making this cake. I suppose it was because I was playing around and having a bit of fun with it; less stress. I made the cake layers the night before and took my time with everything the nest morning.

I was so happy with the success of the cake that we ended up inviting friends over. Keeping with the German theme I made Beef Goulash for dinner. Check out the recipe I used at Diana's Dessert here



No comments:

Post a Comment