Thursday, April 21, 2011

Indian girls

I realize my last 2 posts have nothing to do with food really but i sort of felt like venting. sorryyyyy

I think its beautiful how food has this unique way of making you happy. When i say this i truly mean it because i know I'm not a very joyous person but when i see or eat exciting food, i could swear i feel a slight twitch on the corners of my mouth.

I've never really been big on Sri Lankan food but when i ate my friend's grandmothers Sri Lankan food a week back it was happiness. It reminded me of home... it made me happy.

Yesterday Shameema, Kylie and I went shopping for sarees in Masjid India. Its hard to explain the feeling you get when you are there. All the tiny shops and the Indian people; you could swear you were on ruwi highstreet somewhere drinking lassis and buying textiles. I know alot of people hate going to town but its crazy how wierdly comforting this place is to me! The lack of perfection is divine! Its like how when i hear someone speak Arabic on the bus i smile to myself :D

For the few hours that we were there i felt like i was transported away from my monotonous life. The highlight of the day other than the fact that i fell in love with and bought a sari was that i ate at Sarvana Bhavan. It looked, smelt and felt just just the one in Oman! Seriously i sometimes think there is nothing better than north indian food. Now i know alot of you might wonder what I'm on about, but there is this feeling you get when you see something you know that is completely indescribable. I could swear my mouth was salivating from the time i entered that place. If you sat with your back to the entrance it was like i was in Oman eating dosas with my sister going on about how much she hates vegetarian food.
It was like we were home!

After months of eating tasteless rice i swear i wanted to eat everything on that menu!!!! Seriously give me poori or a dosa and id be a content girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment