Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bad days



Ive been having a crappy week or two after i got back from Taiping. 1st i fell sick and then i had alot of work to do which really brought me down... although im taking food and culture this sem there isnt a single subject im taking that makes me excited. Everything seems like such a drag.
Plus i sort of missed doing nothing in Taiping.


Taiping really was incredible. 80% of the people i spoke to before i left told me it would be miserable, but i kept my mind open and i enjoyed it. The fact that we went there to eat just made me indulge in everything i could see. I discovered a new found liking for Teh Tarik with fresh milk and tiny spherical sweets made of jaggery and coconut! Who knew the Sri Lankan appam could be combined with sweetened coconut shaving or crushed peanuts to be ultimately DELICIOUS! But what i liked most of all about the trip was the fact that there was no itinerary and we did what ever we felt like doing whenever.

Having gotten back from Taiping i came to a horrible realization a week later; the pictures i had taken for my assignment were near unusable. I dont understand why i am so horrible at taking photographs. I have a camera that supposedly is good enough but i just have no eye for things beautiful so i just cant hold a camera straight it my hand. I am so upset i seriously feel like crying. Seeing everyone else's fancy DLSR pictures does not make it any better. I have half the mind to take a bus back to Taiping to take more PROPER pictures. EVER since that dreaded day i have been in such a weird mood. I have done everything i could possibly think of to ignore the fact that ive had work to do. Sometimes i dont think i understand myself.

I think i really miss home these days. I just wish i could get away from here for a while; just forget all the work i have to do, all the responsibilities.. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment