Monday, April 4, 2011

Kid in a candy store

When i see new things at the grocery store i get super excited. This can go for a new cut of meat or even a new kind of pasta (The day i saw lamb shanks, i was happy for 2 days which is quite a big thing for me :)

So my dads alot like me, when he sees something new and exciting at the grocery store he has to buy it. Now you see i live in Oman and you dont get alot of exotic products or produce, so when my dad brought home these gorgeous vacuum packed gourmet mussels. Look at them!!!!! i cant get over how beautiful they are!
Anyway i didnt really know what to do with it because i didnt have the patience to leave them till i had a recipe that called for them. So i just made a salad

If you are in Oman you have to have to have to buy these!! They even have clams!!! Omg they are so good! I made paella with the same mussels and clams earlier this year and then i even made clam pizza with hooters sauce haha... I can't get over them!

No comments:

Post a Comment