Saturday, October 9, 2010

love


THE MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA KIDS ARE BRILLIANT... SERIOUSLY!!!

I like looking back. Sometimes i feel i remember more from when i was a kid than i do now.

It was agreed; cakes were a disaster.
So i moved onto my green book. I made scones (this time i bought self raising flour) and a I tried basic pilaf. I once even made my parents invite neighbors over for dinner and i served them scones and sandwiches... :S i dont suppose i really knew what i was doing.

So year 5 we had this subject called lifeskills and I loved it. We stitched a hand puppet and made kebabs with peanut butter sauce. Oh and we even made pineapple jam for Tamil class which was brilliant! i really do wish i was a kid again. speaking of being a kid iv been watching jr. masterchef australia and :O seriously those kids are AMAZING!! 8 year old whipping up things in minutes. sigh.. i should have spent more time in the kitchen and less in the books when i was their age.


I know most of you guys really hated being a little friend but i think i can honestly say that little friends helped me out. I learnt how to cook on fire wood and make simple dishes. It made me realize how much fun cooking really was.

I think it was the summer of 2004 that i fell in love with the naked chef.
honestly no one else had made me look at food in such an emotional way. Every ingredient was special and the food was beautiful. Yes i did love to cook but up until then i ate food simply for the sake of surviving, but with this exquisite new world that Jamie Oliver opened up, I started experimenting with food. I tried things i had never thought of eating. I had a whole new appreciation for food.

This blog therefore is to document my feelings about cooking and EATING :D
I love food. It is honestly one of the very very few things that can get me excited and happy! This blogs is going to be full of experiments, trial and error and hopefully a little bit of perfection <3 fooooooooooooooooood

No comments:

Post a Comment