Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Orange glazed cookies


I've mentioned these cookies before and I've given you a link to them, but I've decided that they are just too awesome to not talk about even more! They don't look exciting and over the top but sometimes great things look so normal they go unnoticed so I'm going to write a little review about these cookies.


Now I'm generally not one to like flavoured cookies because more often than not, it ends up tasting like some highly unnatural flavouring that completely kills the entire cookie. When I was small i recall having to eat a lot of orange flavoured sponge cake and it hasn't left any pleasant memories. Which is why when I saw this recipe the first time I was pretty skeptical but the pictures of them at browneyedbaker looked stunning and I thought why not?

First off, yes my cookies look nothing like the ones in that website. I'd like to think that they at least tasted the same :P. If you are going to give these a shot, I would suggest pressing down on the cookie dough balls before they go into the oven. Because my cookies are a little thick they were a little more crumblier than they should have been. This cookie is soft and not overly sweet. Chewy yet crumbly, it literally melts in your mouth.

Rubbing the zest into the sugar really freshens up the flavour. Do not under any circumstances cut down the the amount of orange zest in this recipe because it really adds so much more character to the flavour of this cookie! Besides, once the glaze hardens it is such a pleasure to bite into, since the variation between the slightly hard glazing and the soft buttery cookie is divine!
Absolutely love love loving this cookie right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment