Friday, February 22, 2013

Im back with the big dinner #2!

Those who know me well would already know how much I love big dinners, the preparation, the decoration, the theme and most importantly the food!
Ever since I got to Oman, its been days of working, dreaming about food and procrastinating on uni applications. Really really need to get around to it! No really!

My sister and cousin were in town so it meant more nights of long movies (I was always the first to nod off), idle chat and no sleep. Both of them are going back to uni soon while I remain behind still trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. Its been lovely to be back home, no doubt but living here can sometimes be incredibly boring. Which means that most of the time you need to come up with things to amuse yourself like this dinner....
I figured ... a going away dinner? Why not?


For sometime now I have been really drawn towards pastels and neutrals, lace, flowers, the classics, stamps, postcards and antiques. There seems to be so much beauty and sentiment in things that have been collected over the years, so for this dinner I wanted to dress everything up to look pretty, elegant and detailed.
Scavenging through the house I came up with ;
 
 A whole load of old and new put together to set the mood perhaps?

 
Postcards and a few classic novels

An old pendulum clock, jewellery and a picture of my brother and mum

 
Dad's old briefcase and stamp album from when he was 12

 So here's me setting the mood with little vanilla cupcake, pomegranate fizz and my 'vintage' (almost) set up.  


Ditched the napkin rings for some peach ribbon and added a tiny bouquet of flowers to each setting. To make the bouquet I folded a sheet of dolly paper into a cone... thats it, but the little lace-like dolly paper added a little interesting detail



The Menu

Amalfi Salad
Ricotta and walnut ravioli
Prawn stuffed chicken rolls wrapped in turkey bacon
Poached pear
Keep posted for more on the food!





No comments:

Post a Comment